:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Quiet Protector Enigma Book 20, Brandon’s story Book 3 by Shandi Boyes

This whole story is full of suspense and uncovering the criminals acts affecting people from the past.  It was so involved, but some characters I just need to know more about after reading it.  This isn’t my usual type of book - being more about the crime connections and investigations - but I was glad I read it.

Brandon, though, is the real hero in every sense.  The real man with deep feelings for people and who suffered so many hardships that would have broken anyone else.  I liked him so much and felt so bad for all he went through.  I was disappointed that so little of the story of his adult life was spent with his true love.  He deserved better.

I like that Melody was a deaf person living in the hearing world and her father not letting her accept she was disabled - she had different skills, not lessor skills.  I have profound hearing loss and read lips.  I appreciated some of the subtleties that were unique to deafness in the book.  

No comments: