This was a quirky and funny book that I read from cover to cover. Clara was a real pistol. She could wear a person down with her bristling remarks, clumsy antics and need for perfection. It took a special kind of guy to find those things endearing and see the real person she was behind her quirks.
Zach was not without his own issues. If was not really ready to settle down but as the title says, he needed a fake bride to convince his father he was responsible. They both needed the fake marriage for their dads.
The fun part of the book was watching these two struggle between the “what’s fake” and “what’s real” and pretty much drive one another crazy in the process. I promised myself I would include In my review the laugh-out-loud moment during a flashback to high school in the cafeteria and Sarah point to Zach across the room using her “spork”. Now, that’s school cafeteria realism.
No comments:
Post a Comment