:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Saturday, September 26, 2020

The Executive by Winter Renshaw

First, this is a really good story and the first I’ve ever read I involving cryptocurrency.  It wasn’t all hearts and butterflies, though.  It really was hard to warm up to Reed because of his arrogance and unapologetic aversion to anything resembling commitment.  I wasn’t that fond of Jos, either because she was a smart woman and should have expected better from Reed.

But as these things go, the characters evolve based on each other and the secrets they are hiding.  Reed takes a promotion meant for Joa and she is crushed by his betrayal.  Six months later they meet again and Reed is no longer that guy he was in LA.  He’s caring, helpful and smitten with Joa but he can’t tell her why had to hurt her.

So, it was important to keep with the story as the characters grew.  The thing I didn’t like were the flashbacks -  I did read them but the frequency was a little bite too much.  That’s why I gave the book 4 instead of 5 stars.

No comments: