:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Forbidden by Ainsley St. Claire

I usually write a review as soon as I finish a book.  This one gave me reason to pause and think a little more of what it would benefit a reader to know.

The story between Dillon and Emerson was a very good one when considering the life events, their reactions to them and each other during those events, their friends and their families.  The writing seemed a little too formal, and I thought the attention paid to what everyone was wearing or eating, no matter what the event, was sometimes a distraction.

More importantly, this was a reworking of Ainsley St. Claire’s first book written during the start of “me too” era.  The way sexual assault, mental trauma and eventually dealing with grief was remarkable in the context of the romance and business challenges.  It was only upon further reflection that I realized everything this book tried to accomplish and accomplished so well.

The romance had my emotions all over the place - the love, anger, intimacy and distrust made for a complex 

So read this book with the full appreciation of how well thought out and intricate it is.

No comments: