This book broke my heart, put it back together, then turned around and broke it again. It is a poignant look at a life long friendship of four people who tragedy hits and forces them to deal with things swept under the rug. Secrets, betrayal, manipulation, and unrequited love test this friendship during the toughest of times.
I just enjoyed how seamlessly Mhairi McFarlane took us between the past and present at just the right time so we fully felt what the characters felt then and now. I have to admit the British humor was beyond me at times. The sass and snark of these women (Eve and Susie) was entertaining, but it was the irreverence of Justin’s that really had me laughing out loud.
So, I stayed up all night reading JUST LAST NIGHT laughing, crying, and turning page after page. Well done, Mhairi McFarlane.
I received an advance copy of the book. This is my voluntary review.
No comments:
Post a Comment