:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Brutal Savior by Sasha Leone

The book preceding this one ended with the assassination of the heads several mafia families including Nolan Kilpatrick’s father. Valentina’s father is believed to have been behind the bombing.

In addition to things like drug and gun trafficking, revenge is high on the list of mafia activities. Nolan kidnaps Valentina from her arranged marriage fiancé and then the battle of Nolan vs Valentina begins.

They are attracted to one another but Nolan is trying to extract information from Valentina.  Nolan is rough with her then guilty for that.  Valentina is stubborn, mouthy and uncooperative.

I like the overall story with what Aiden, Nolan and Shane are trying to do.  Nolan and Valentina’s fighting  then being unable to resist one another, then getting mad at themselves for not being able to resist one another, etc. got a little tiresome after awhile.  I didn’t believe Nolan could really be turned on by how Valentina behaved and vice versa.   I persevered because the story is really worthwhile and I had to find out what happened plot-wise, so I liked this story but the romance didn’t do it for me.

No comments: