:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Champagne Brunch by Ainsley St. Claire

Having read the Tech Billionaires and Clear Security series, I was familiar with all the couples, the story about Cecelia’s murder, and Mia’s role in the Tech Billionaires.  I really liked the addition of Axel and the additional focus on Nate’s baseball team.

Getting more clarity on Cecelia’s case and the process of taking it to court was of great interest to me since I had been following Nate’s wife’s disappearance and subsequent murder through several books.  I did start to wonder what someone who had not read the Tech Billionaire series would get from that story line.  I also wondered how it would be for someone picking up CHAMPAGNE BRUNCH would be able to keep up with the girls in their group (the Stiletto Sisters), their partners, and the references to past events.  I get confused sometimes with all the people, and each book adds more to the mix.

The story of Axel and Mia was ok.  Mia was a little too flat to me.  I couldn’t feel her passion even with Axel.  It never seemed to me like she was falling in love, smitten, or even hurt when he didn’t call.  The words said it, but I didn’t feel it.  I could see her being outwardly reserved, but expected to feel private thoughts that showed more emotional depth.  On the other hand, I love math and it was so refreshing to see math being portrayed as something more than buying things and making change.

Axel had a great storyline with the young baseball players and his nephews to show his lighter side.  I thought he deserved someone that would take his breath away.  He seemed to take everything in stride about Mia once he learned the facts.  

No comments: