:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Hard Ware by Misha Bell

The writing in HARD WARE is not only fun and passionate, but I really enjoyed the cultural flavor of the Russian superstitions so seamlessly worked into the narrative. 

I also have to mention I steer clear of dog stories but this take on their pet ownership was novel.  Dragomir’s nervous parent and unprecedented pampering of his Winnie was precious.  Even better, though was the voices and dialogue Bella made up for Boner and Winnie was not “cheap laugh” funny, but “sophisticated” funny.  Well, there is some laughs that some might consider cheap - you’ll have to read the book to find them.

Coincidentally just before reading this book I, like Dragomir, had not seen Frozen and I liked the threads of that story that were woven into this one.

No comments: