:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Love Bug by Tara Wyatt

The story begins with Willa and her roommate being in danger and two of the Prescott brothers arrive in time to rescue them.  One of the rescuers was Max, Willa’s boss.  He runs the tech company Willa works for and conceived the idea for a Blind Date app Willa was in charge of and running beta testing.

I was a little disappointed because I had hoped for a little more danger and suspense in the story after that beginning.  I liked the tech angle and the role of the Blind Date app.  As far as characters go, Willa was easy to identify with in her frustrations and in her overall outlook on life.  She could date a wealthy man and be gracious when he wanted to give her something.  Max was harder to like for the first half of the book, but we learn why he’s so closed off.

I have read several of Tara Wyatt’s books and felt this one was a little off.  I didn’t buy into the romance especially the notion that they were hot for each other from the start and never acknowledged it.  The mean girls at the office and some of the MoMa gala had my favorite kinds of drama bringing out jealousy and protectiveness, though.

This is an important book in the series to read.  The much awaited book about Lucian is next and each of the brothers Prescott stories has dropped teases about this mysterious brother.

I voluntary read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments: