:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Monday, May 31, 2021

The Cowboy’s Rebel Heart by Deborah Garland

We have been teased a little about Logan’s story in the previous books in the series so I went in knowing there was some past resentment because of how Logan treated Delsey in high school.

The story works especially with Logan’s niece Maddie bringing out he tried nature of both Logan and Delsey.  His hard work and her altruism resulted in two heart tugging characters.  I did have some trouble with their romance, though.  I didn’t feel the connection before they started getting more into one another.  I think it was because Logan seemed not to view them as equals.  I got over it as time went on.

The story has all the feels of the single dad trope, though.  Maddie softens Logan and exposes his protective nature that eventually applies to Delsey, too.  You won’t be disappointed reading it.

No comments: