:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

On A Wednesday by Whitney G

I’m speechless after reading ON A WEDNESDAY.  This story just melted my heart with the telling of Kyle and Courtney’s college years and then 6 years later.

Other than making me fall completely in love with Kyle, the way this story unfolded was really masterful writing by Whitney G.  Usually when an author tells part of the story in the present, then has a flashback section going back and forth, I feel like the past intrudes on building the emotions for an HEA in the present and I tolerate the past to move the present forward.  

Not so in ON A WEDNESDAY.  I didn’t want either the past or present to end.  They were both that good. There is so much going on in this story but it is put together brilliantly.  It’s funny, heartwarming and heartbreaking and it doesn’t hurt that the anticipation builds in the best way.

I read a lot of books and I rarely say “this is one of the best books I have read this year”, but, I’m saying it.

This is my honest and voluntary review of an advanced copy provided.

No comments: