:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Friday, July 30, 2021

Private Player by Louise Bay

Louise Bay’s books are books I buy without reading the blurb first because they are that good.  PRIVATE PLAYER was interesting because the Nathan that Madison met at the wedding and was assigned to interview was relentless and focused on working hard and playing hard.  He seemed jaded about women and how his reputation as a womanizer could jeopardize his CEO position.

That impression of him changed 180 when he took Madison with him to a weekend at his parent’s home.  She felt the trip would give her more background for her story.  Instead she found Nathan as the son and brother of an ambitious, successful yet unpretentious family.  And Madison fell in love with him.

I wanted more of the romance part of the story.  There were subplots involving his friend, his business and Madison’s journalist connection.  I also wanted more of his family yet it appears I will get my wish next year when his brother Jacob’s story comes out.

No comments: