:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Bad Behavior by Lexi Hart

I chose to read this book because I like the fake relationship/ex-boyfriend getting married trope.  In this story New Zealander Nikau offers to pose as Kinsey’s boyfriend at an upcoming reunion.

There are a lot of things going on in this story that, for me, is distracting.  I like the flavor the dialect provides although some of the terms Nikau had to explain to Kinsey are pretty well known or could be picked up by context clues so it sometimes bogged down the exchange.

The secondary theme of past bullying/weight issues was not that interesting to me.  Just needing to run interference on the ex-boyfriend for the reunion was enough.  On top of that theme were the reunion issues, job issues, best friend issues, Nikau’s friends, etc. made for a lot going on.

I have read several of Lexi Hart’s books so it’s expected that once in awhile one will come along that doesn’t appeal to me but might hit all someone else’s favorites.

No comments: