:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

The Cowboy SEAL’s Daddy School by Janalyn Knight

Slade obtains custody of his daughter and brings her to Texas where he just returned after leaving the SEALs. The girl he was seeing then kind of blew off when he went back overseas is daughter’s teacher.

The story is about regaining trust, among other things. Zoe (Slade’s daughter) hadn’t spent much time with him and was grieving. Tina had been hurt the last time he left and stopped communicating with her and didn’t trust herself or Slade’s overtures. The story used counseling and praying as a means of dealing with life’s problems.

I liked the story and the characters but felt dialogue was a little unnatural and cheesy at times. It sets up the next book in the series.

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

No comments: