3 stars. While PLAYBOY PRINCE is a standalone book, there are common characters and an overarching theme regarding Adam and Bash’s car accident. The first book in the series was about Adam. The author provides enough background to not have had to read the first book.
Liam and Briar’s story disappointed me. I guess the premise was to play off of Liam’s naughty side while showing nothing about Liam could shock Briar. The problem with it is that nearly every conversation had something to do with sex. It didn’t matter who the audience was, either. I like my romance novels steamy, but the almost mechanical use of ribald language, and eventually encounters, took away from the allure and intimacy. I found it to be an annoying distraction after awhile.
This is a dialogue driven book full of innuendos, sarcasm, and witty banter. The overarching story remains unresolved.
I received an advance copy of this book. This is my voluntary review.
No comments:
Post a Comment