I couldn’t put SAVAGE REDEMPTION down once I started reading it. Everything in Hollywood is questionable in its veracity, but Kade Savage was one of the only true, honest things in this story.
It all seemed so contrived - the orchestrations of a contracted (read fake) relationship for the movie star Nova. No outrage over the gimmicks or scripted encounters - until Nova’s brother Andy recruited old friend Kade to be the fake boyfriend.
The history between Andy and Kade was a driving force in the redemption part of the story, in how Nova received and responded to her high school crush Kade appearing in her life after 10 years, and in how Kade’s life had played out up to that point.
There is plenty of surprises, some pining, and a somewhat jaded look at some of the trappings of fame. The secondary characters were colorful and memorable on top of a decent story.
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
No comments:
Post a Comment