Rain and Heath were betrothed as children because there is something important about each. When Rain reached 18 and is to marry Heath, she is abducted and made the wife of a disgusting pig of a man.
Heath was left for dead, but he wasn’t. He endured captivity, forced drugging, fighting, etc. somehow he emerged as a brutal man that train other men’s wives to be obedient.
This book is one depraved act after another, done so well they have purpose - not just shock value or steam. So far, I am disappointed in Heath but he has another book to redeem himself in my eyes. Rain has stayed true to herself even when it would be easy to quit. It’s a compelling read and I am ready for the next book.
I received an advance copy of this book and this is my voluntary review.
No comments:
Post a Comment