:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Wine Wanderer by Ali Parker and Jessica Mills

I wasn’t sure what to expect because I haven’t read other books in the series.  The blurb really gripped me, and I liked the story about the preacher’s daughter and the older, hot, bar owner she was going to work for to get money to get away from her oppressive lifestyle.

It had the jealousy, possessiveness amid the focus on family that was everywhere in the story.  Stolen kisses, rowdy bar patrons and church on Sunday added those elements of conflict that kept me reading the story.

Having said that, there are a lot of people to keep track of in this book.  Relatives, in-laws, friends, secondary characters, etc.  With this being the only book I have read, it was a lot to keep track of but worthwhile to become immersed in the series.

I read an advance copy of this book that I received Ed from the author and this is my voluntary review.

No comments: