:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

A Beautiful Liar by Beena Khan

Wow, what a book!  Valerius and Annabella meet innocently enough in a nightclub, get drunk, and go to Valerius’ house for the night.   He sweeps her off her feet.   He promises he will return for her in 6 months.

What happens to him during that 6 months, we don’t know yet, but it had to be dark and depraved.  The sweet, smiling young man is now more twisted than we can imagine, yet his obsession for Annabella is unwavering.

So he does find Annabella at the school she attends on scholarship and is relentlessly bullied for not “fitting in”.

I don’t know if I can say I like this book, but it is so consuming, I couldn’t put it down.  I kept looking for something, anything, to warm my heart to Valerius.  I  followed the crumbs he was leaving about his brother, his mother, his tattoos, etc. to gain a glimmer of hope that something would break him loose from his depravity.  Will his devotion to Annabella be forever tainted?

Thanks for the advance copy of this book.  I read it and am providing my voluntary review.

No comments: