:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Dirty Business by Sylvia Hart

DIRTY BUSINESS got off to a titillating start and gave us an idea of what to expect in terms from Dante and Hailey’s chemistry.

The story takes place in an Atlantic City resort Dante bought that was previously owned by Hailey’s father. Hailey wasn’t happy with the sale or the new owner so she set out to run him off with some rather childish schemes that, to me, defied belief even for behind the scenes pranks at work.

I thought the story lost momentum in the middle after the owner/daughter of former owner conflict wound down. The scenes were good but didn’t always move the romance forward as I thought it should.

Most of the other conflict surrounds control at the resort that Hailey feels is “hers” and the employees are “her family”. Her philosophy of fixing things to make people happy is in direct conflict with Dante’s views on happiness. I kept wondering how the two would be happy together viewing this so differently and that kept me turning the pages.

I received this book to read in advance and this is my voluntary review.

No comments: