:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Thursday, February 16, 2023

The Scoundrel by Delta James

This is my first book by Delta James and it was easy to tell that THE SCOUNDREL is the first book in a spin off series of Cerebus, a private black ops company whose agents are part of a club their company offices share space. The author made the connection between the two series seamless and informative without being overwhelming to a new reader.

I liked the plot of the story that surrounded Samantha the romance novelist and brought her to Cerebus in Chicago. I also found King’s backstory and company history compelling. These two kept me eagerly waiting to find out what could happen next.

People that will like descriptions and terminology related to the lifestyle will be happy with the attention to these details. I personally found that little dry and it detracted some from the heat. I also thought there was too much repetition of some topics that had been covered already.

As a whole, this story was solid and developed the secondary characters I could be invested in knowing more about in subsequent books.

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

No comments: