:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Friday, April 28, 2023

Pity Date by Whitney Dineen

I had been waiting for PITY DATE to come out and when it did, I was totally into it from the first page.  The teaser gives a good sense of the story, but it can’t adequately convey how really well written this book is.

I don’t know how Whitney Dineen gets the humor so right for her characters.  In this book, it’s Faith that is so effortlessly funny, sweet, self depreciating, and unable to hide her emotions. Teddy just goes along with her perfectly.  While he’s a big star, he’s humble and more about the people around him than himself.

The story has some conflicts you can see coming, and others you can’t.  What doesn’t change is in spite of the conflicts, these two never compromise their good character and I really love that in this book.  I can’t wait to read more stories in the Pity series.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.

No comments: