:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Friday, May 30, 2025

Faking It With The Firefighter by Lilian Monroe and Mandy Michaels

I enjoyed the book for its strong and a little quirky Abigail. This story is about not taking peoples’ kindness, generosity and dedication for granted. Abigail and Rex were a like in many ways, but different in how they shielded their loved ones. I read the early copy I received almost from stop to finish because the conflicts between siblings themes were interesting as they played out.

As a brother’s best friend romance, I was hoping we’d see the logic in why a guy would love his friend’s sister, love his friend, but not what to be honest with both. This part of the story just didn’t sit well with me because they were all so close. Upon reflection, I think the conflicts between siblings were very valid, understandably avoided over time, and senseless like they usually are in real life, too.

No comments: