...An old proverb I hope turns out to be unreliable.
I bought a white flesh peach four days ago. Just one because no one eats fruit around here but me. I don't buy them too soft so I set it on the counter intending to let it ripen a bit more, then harboring magical ideas of chilling said peach and slicing it open to find copious amounts of sugary natural peach juices pooling around me.
This morning was the perfect time to indulge and the peach was nowhere to be found. I asked Mr. Skunk at the Picnic if he knew anything about the peach. He said "No" which made me immediately suspicious. Had he said "What peach?", he would have been cleared of any wrongdoing. In the next day or so we will know for certain.
The body reacts harshly when foreign substances are introduced.
No comments:
Post a Comment