Potpourri was one of my least favorite Jeopardy categories (along with anything to do with literature). I also unknowingly pronounced it " pot pour ee" for a long time. I'm sure my family got a kick out of that.
Anyway, it seems an appropriate new blog category - one for times like these when I wake up at 3 AM and don't go back to sleep and have a million short topics going through my mind.
Vistaprint. I like it even though I know the gouge you on the shipping to give you "free" stuff. A notable moment in our relationship came yesterday when a package arrived consisting, in part, of 300 post cards (school stuff). Upon opening the box, I found that 200 of said postcards had been dancing around unfettered and thusly wound up all over the living room floor when released from their cardboard prison. It had to be 2 different kinds of post cards, of course. As I was sorting through them I envisioned the best case scenario for their state and decided that it was some guy's last day at Vistaprint and he was all "what the hell" and just threw everything in there because no one could do anything to him about it, anyway.
MSNBC. Doesn't anyone go to work there? Do they get a month off every week?
Beads. I got a package with these great beads yesterday called "sea quartz". I broke my rule by paying too much per bead, but these are gorgeous. On September 11 in Lisle, Il is the Suburban Bead Experience. I may never be heard from again.
School. Going good so far this year. I co-teach two periods and during one of them is a lad that thinks everything that comes to his mind is important and we all what to hear it. Constantly. Without a break. I thought it was just me but when he got on the co-teacher's last nerve, too, I felt at peace. Even the kids around him want him to "shut up" but I have more students than seats in that class and the skewed boy to girl ratio making it hard to create a buffer zone for the talkers. Something tells me a call home isn't going to make any difference and will make him resentful and more difficult to manage, but I have to do it as part of the "interventions".
School 2. I have more to say but right now, I'll just think it.
No comments:
Post a Comment