...I'm Sitting During the National Anthem...
So the SF 49er quarterback decided to sit during the national anthem not wanting to salute a flag that doesn't represent what it is supposed to represent. Kaepernick is his name.
Now, when I first heard about this in the untainted environment of the event, I thought, "Good for him. He's showing what he believes strongly in without making an obnoxious ass of himself."
Then I entered the world of the talking heads. People were burning his jersey, cursing him in their wholesome American way, spewing their vitriol on social media because the guy is using his right to free speech, peacefully protesting oppression, and doing so in a much more dignified manner than they are.
Then it dawned on me that the same people spewing the hate, saying he had no right to do this to "their flag", and telling him to move to another country, are the same people cheering on Trump for doing the same thing in a ruder, cruder fashion.
What comes to mind often is "children are watching". Would you rather have them watch Kaepernick sitting in quiet protest, not bringing attention to himself, maintaining his self control and dignity, or would you rather have them watch the Circus Trump with liars, haters and filthy mouthed, threat makers?
Not even going to touch the race baiting. I don't think Trump is racist, but I know he will do anything to upset people so they will vote for him and some of those things are racial; hence race baiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment