Saturday, June 20, 2020

Devil at the Altar by Nicole Fox

First, I found it very odd to be reading about Angelo being ready to take over as don for the DeMaggio mafia since I just read about him being born a few days ago.  It was a clever way to make this a duet.  The odd part was the time period was essentially the same for rise of the each young DeMaggio male.

Once the story gets underway, that’s not as critical as the force of the personalities of Angelo and Dani.  Angelo seems impulsive and easily angered.  Dani seems worn out with the constant reminder of people overdosing due to her EMT job and her brother’s reckless behavior with drugs.

In any event, from the very start, these two have such combustible chemistry it burns up the pages whenever fate puts them together.  Eventually Dani has to face what Angelo does for a living.  He has to face what that means for Dani staying in his life.  The last 10-15% of the book was fraught with danger and action.  I couldn’t put the book down until I found out what would happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment