Tuesday, June 9, 2020

To My Arrogant Boss by J.S. Cooper

I love boss romances but I didn’t get the right feeling about this one because Tate was arrogant to the point of being annoying and immature.  When he did decide to change that, it was too late.  I didn’t feel his sincerity or notice the emotion he had for Jane build to the resulting conclusion.

Jane was also hard to like.  She had her immature moments, too.  It was hard to understand based on the progress of the story how she changed her mind about Tate when he pretty much continued to be a “jerk”.

I did like the conflict that was portrayed when Tate and Jane went to South Carolina and how they both handled it.  The whole interaction with the sisters seemed too contrived, too.  I think the ideas were good, just not well developed so they created a believable story.

No comments:

Post a Comment