Saturday, August 29, 2020

Bodyguard Beast by Georgia Le Carre

BODYGUARD BEAST was a good story.  It is not an example of Georgia Le Carre’s best work, however.  I didn’t feel the connection between the characters that I usually feel.  Both Angelo and Sienna were appealing characters, the premise of mafia daughter and her bodyguard should work but I just didn’t feel it which could have been the book or me, so don’t make a decision based on one review.

The Angelo that emerged near the end of the book I would have liked to have seen more about, show his protective nature toward Sienna, and seen how he adapted to his role.

Several characters behaved with inconsistencies that weren’t explained - Sienna, Christine, Nonna, Sienna’s father. - and that left puzzling holes in the story.

So keeping in mind I am a fan of this author, and love this trope, this is also just one person’s opinion on one day but it is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment