Saturday, September 5, 2020

Running Hot by Ainsley St. Claire

This is one of those books you enjoy because the guy is infuriatingly dense about love and thinks his efforts to make sure the woman knows everything is “casual” are noble efforts.  I love these books because I look for that moment or event that finally shows he “gets it”.

Walker is a great character because of his views on live, but his political aspirations cause his intimate kinks to be uncovered and positioned for potential blackmail.  The political intrigue in the story is really good because we are left wondering who is the target, why, and by whom for most of the book.  Anyone could be the “enemy”.

Marcella - smart, vibrant, independent and grounded - but still in love with the same guy she loved when she was 15.  Marci can decide to help Walker secure a political appointment and put her own heart at risk, or walk away.  

The passion is hot and the intrigue keeps the interest level high.  Once again, the billionaires meet for a poker game and we are reminded about Nate’s wife Cecelia disappearing when they met in Vegas, and later being found dead.  I was glad to read two books coming up will start solving the mystery of Cecelia’s death.  I will be reading them!

No comments:

Post a Comment