Wednesday, October 7, 2020

My (Mostly) Fake Wedding by Penelope Bloom

This book is so much fun!  I would first advise you to read it and then advise you not to read it if you are trying wind down because Chris is so impossibly upbeat, charming, comical, dirty talking and a carnal arts master and devotee that you will be breathless from his energy.  From a romance perspective he is so sweet and treats Belle like a princess and she is so needed as the level headed one to keep him somewhat grounded.

When I say fun, I mean this book is laugh out loud funny.  If it isn’t something Chris says it does, it is how Belle reacts to it - one of my favorite parts is when he is sitting and watching her adjusting chairs, flowers and vases and seeing the things he loves about her performing these slightly perfectionist tasks.  He’s also quite good at turning just about everything into an innuendo.

I can’t recommend this book strongly enough fir a great story and phenomenal writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment