Friday, November 20, 2020

Have My Baby by Taryn Quinn

There is so much going on in this book, and all of it is good.  The complexities of the relationships between families, friends, exes, and children reminded me of real life and how things don’t always wrap up neatly the first, second, or even third time.

In the beginning, I was disappointed in Seth for the terms he proposed when asking Allie to have his baby.  I thought he couldn’t possibly be that dense to not know what was wrong with that arrangement.  I was a little disappointed in Ally, too, for not spelling that out for him.  Here was a sassy, intelligent and above all, loving woman not standing up at a critical time.

This is a great romance with both sides having their share of drama and angst, but none of it too over the top.  It broke a few stereotypes about single parenting.  It was a great start to a series in that it introduced us to some other characters, but not in an overwhelming way.  I look forward to reading the next book about Seth’s twin brother Oliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment