I don’t know if I will survive until book 6. CRUEL LIES is book 4 of the series and the tension, danger, darkness, and betrayal never lets up.
I put off reading this until the last possible moment because I know how every book in this series has stirred up actual physical feelings associated with the fear, conflict and longing between Langston and Liesel and the other characters. We spend a lot of time wondering why these two don’t trust one another when there is clearly something much bigger than either of them at work. I think that is the only thing I can say for sure after reading four books - that we haven’t begun to uncover the full scope of what is at work here. What I keep going back to is why Liesel’s father spent most of her and Langston’s childhood teaching them escape tactics and other areas of subterfuge because it is clear they had a need for it several times already.
I thought the end of book 3 was shocking, but the end of book 4 is something I never would have contemplated. All that remains is for us to wait to be run through the ringer of books 5 and 6. I’m impatient!
No comments:
Post a Comment