Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Fake Rich Boss Series Books 1-3 by Sloane Peterson

Three books that must be read in order:

Book1:  Boss’s Secret

I give the author a lot of credit for how the mood of the book makes the reader fee the discomfort that Cassidy is feeling the more ensconced she gets with the Windsor family and Oliver in particular.  She is a very straight as an arrow, toe the line kind person.  She’s the utmost professional and very intelligent with the ability to remain calm in a crisis.

Oliver, not so much.  There are definitely two sides to him.  Cassidy notices it and the reader can feel this niggling of distrust even though he never quite gives a reason for it. The reason Cassidy comes to work for the Windsors is a dark cloud from the start and that doesn’t let up much in this part of the book.

The book is a cliffhanger and there has been sufficient interest drummed up primarily through the secrets, to be looking forward to the next book.

———-

Book 2:  Boss’s Baby

Book 2 isn’t the end to Cassidy and Oliver’s story.  I really, really want to trust Oliver as much as Cassidy seems to, but the writing has been so good that I have felt her apprehension throughout most of the book and with the latest demand from his father, I don’t think Oliver has been entirely honest with Cassidy.  

It is a testament to a great series when you can’t wait for the next book even after the one you just read gives you a bad feeling.

———-

Book 3:  Boss’s Second Chance

After the first two books in the series, I was about as disappointed in Oliver as Cassidy was.  His lousy choices got him what he deserved.  But, we still had to hope there would be a happy ending, right?

Book 3 takes place three years after Cassidy leaves Oliver and has their child.  He hadn’t seen even a picture of his little girl in those three years - other than one the day she was born.  

This part of the story is another wild, bumpy ride and there is so much resentment between the two of them when Oliver realizes he needs to meet his daughter. She is adorable and wraps him around her little finger, but Cassidy is not so welcoming.

Suffice to say this was a long awaited ending to this story.  Oliver and I were quite upset.  Cassidy and I were crying.  Fortunately, things managed to finally work out in a way that satisfied the three of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment