Sunday, January 31, 2021

Showdown by Ainsley St. Claire

3.5 stars.  Having read all the Tech Billionaire books, what happened to Nate’s wife, Cecelia has been a big mystery.  Nate was even arrested once as a suspect in the death of his wife who he had been with din e middle school.  Each story the sadness for Nate was palpable as the search for answers continued in the background of each of the other stories.

Having said that, I might have built this up too much because I was disappointed in Nick’s story.  Being with Lily didn’t feel right to me. She was very smart, organized and wonderful with his children, but I didn’t feel fire between them.

The subplots with Katrina’s school and Lilly’s business and mom were all interesting.  The poker game is always what draws them together.  I’m glad I read the conclusion to this mystery bu wish it had felt a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment