Sunday, April 11, 2021

Dangerous Silence by Audrey Rush

This is the first book I have read by this a author. I read it knowing it would end in a cliffhanger of sorts and that the next book, Dangerous Command was available.

This was a dark mafia romance with a capital D. Axe took his job as Enforcer seriously and he “enjoyed” it in a macabre manner. His mentor started him on slicing and dicing bodies at an early age. When Shep’s daughter was born, he retired and Axe took over as Enforcer.

Axe promised to marry Shep’s daughter and protect her if he died before she could find someone her self. Once Axe was faced with fulfilling his promise, we start to learn the darkness that lurks in his mind and he makes Demi a part of his debauched world. She learns secrets that had been kept from her and has to decide how she feels about the new world she’s been immersed in.

I really liked this book in the guilty pleasure way. That Axe had some issues, but the guilty pleasure part was as a reader I didn’t mind, and apparently neither did Demi. The two of us didn’t exactly look away from things that were technically (and morally) “wrong”. Demi went a farther than I would have, but she’s the fictional character.

I had a suspicion about what led to the cliffhanger might happen, but it was a great place to end this book. Demi and Axe get their HFN and the story continues in Dangerous Command.

No comments:

Post a Comment