The Kingmaker’s series just got better with the second book, THE REBEL featuring Zoe and Miles. The story was so intense. I could could feel the evil oozing out of Rocco Prince from the first page. There didn’t seem to be anyone that could penetrate his psychopathic mind.
Sophie Lark does such a fabulous job putting down words that evoke real feelings. I felt fear and hate for Rocco, was so surprised at what Zoe brought out in Miles, cried with Ozzy, and felt gripping apprehension with Cat. It was an amazing story told in a skillful way.
While the first book did not end in a cliffhanger, it is a good idea to read The Heir first. THE REBEL covers the second school year for the series. The first book tells us more about the school campus, history and about the students that are now sophomores. THE REBEL doesn’t end in a cliffhanger, either, but it is clear some parts of the story will carry into the next book which most certainly will be year 3 for the core group.
I highly recommend this book. I received an advance copy and this is my voluntary review.
No comments:
Post a Comment