Friday, July 30, 2021

All My Life by Prescott Lane

I read ALL MY LIFE from cover to cover in one sitting.  It was that good.  I have to admit it is not an upbeat story, though.  It is told in a somber tone even though it is a heart filling story of a guy who became a dad as a teenager and devoted his full attention to his daughter.  It’s about the girl that grew up loving and supporting him through it all and that love was unrequited.  And, it was about the small town that got over the “scandal” where they grew up and still made their home.

I spent a lot of time being impatient with both Devlyn and Garrett.  With both, their errors in judgment were all rooted in not hurting the people the loved.  I didn’t relish the trepidation and the lump in my throat the author so skillfully evoked, but recognize the outstanding writing it takes to get the reader to feel things from their words.

No comments:

Post a Comment