Saturday, July 24, 2021

The Estate by Ivy Wild

THE ESTATE is divided into three parts.  In the first part we are given glimpses of what has “broken” Carter Ross.  I liked how the author did this by revealing a little bit, then layering a little more detail until the reader just has to keep reading to figure out what happened to Carter.

In part two, we find out what happened to Carter going back to his first wedding.  This was a significant chunk of backstory that was also done well.  There was no jumping between the past and present.  The past was laid out in chunks like 10 years ago, 5, 3 etc.

In the third part, Carter and Lex’s relationship is tested by betrayals, blackmail and greed.  Their trust is fragile and you won’t want to stop until you find out it ends.  It’s a steamy read with a lot of intensity.

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment