I loved the novel from start to finish. First, the setting drew me because of the small coastal college town riddled by past hurricanes whose locals relied alternately on the tourists during the summer or the wealthy college students during the school year. The perspective Cooper and the other “townies” had about the treatment they received at the hand of those who lived entitled lives was written so well through the main and secondary characters.
Cooper and Mackenzie come from opposite sides of the tracks and meet under dubious circumstances that drives the story. I loved how Mackenzie knew what she wanted but needed the encouragement and inspiration to be true to herself. And Cooper - the bad boy who turns out to be so much more than he believes he can be.
I don’t know if the book is supposed to be inspiring, but it made me think about families and about not letting others define who you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment