BUSINESS OR PLEASURE was an interesting book because of its unique heroine Harlee. The other books in the series contain characters that rose above personal challenges but Harlee is that, and more. She’s smart, talented and genuine with an edgy look and blunt demeanor. When we learn of her background it makes sense.
Baylen is a little harder to sum up. He has a number of opposing forces at work on him. I found the premise on which his business proposition was based a little flat and a better foundation would have made it more interesting (puns intended). In fact my interest was peaked when he met with Carson in NY about the future of his product.
This was a good standalone because it did not get heavily into the complexity of the McCrae family. At the same time the strength of Parker’s characters came through for those of us familiar with Alec and Lumen’s story. I didn’t need any reminders about Lumen, Evanne or Soleil (and Eoin) because I remembered them well.
No comments:
Post a Comment