I have not read a book by Susie Tate before and found UNPERFECT to be unexpected. Unexpected because it dealt so eloquently with the issue of domestic abuse. The writer made us feel the emotional toll the abuse takes on the person that was abused and the people around them who try to help the person recover.
This is a book with critical secondary characters, and Tate made them memorable. We watched Max’s teenage stepson Teddy transform as he saw the contrast in his life and Mia’s and become the kind of man Max was. Max was a complex character, coming off as very real because he could read the situation but not always respond as he wanted.
I thoroughly enjoyed the novel and look forward to Yaz and Heath’s story.
I received an advance copy of this book and am providing my voluntary review.
No comments:
Post a Comment