Thursday, October 21, 2021

Sweet Talk by Cara Bastone

I wanted to read SWEET TALK because I enjoy those relationships built from texting or emailing a wrong number.  Eliot’s reason for accidentally texting Jessie is such a good one, too!  

The writing is excellent because it is nearly all back and forth voice texting or phone conversation between Jessie - who knows who Eliot is, and Eliot who has somehow met Jessie, put her number in his phone without a proper name and doesn’t know who she is.  I can see why the first book in this series (Call Me Maybe) is only available in audio - and I want to read it really bad after reading the preview at the end of SWEET TALK - the dialogue must be so seamless like you are listening in on their phone calls.  That leaves audio only options out for hearing impaired people.

Anyway, this is a wonderful story about relationships, expectations, and giving yourself a break when you worry about how others see you.  It is about family loyalty, caring for one another and being with person that gets you.  I liked that there are mysteries that get revealed all throughout the story and that the secondary characters are so memorable and critical to the plot.

SWEET TALK is funny, sweet and a book you will want to read for the love story, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment