Sunday, January 16, 2022

Damaged Grump by Nicole Snow

This story is a steamy romance but also has a sinister side that Roland has been immersed in for years.  When Callie comes along his singularly focused motive drive Roland to enlist her in his mission.

I liked the character of Barrett - Roland’s brother who had also been harmed.  Roland’s life revolved around his brother who had been a famous, talented young singer.  Callie faced a similar situation with her father.

There is a lot going on in this book.  We really got to know the secondary characters.  The relationship between Callie and Roland was volatile and passionate. We see them slowly come to trust one another, revealing secrets from their past.

There were a few spots I though were a little long winded.  They didn’t spoil the story, but usually made me put the book down and go back to it later.  I did like the epilogue a lot.  I always wonder about that part of the relationship after I finish a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment