Monday, May 16, 2022

Fake It For Love by Weston Parker

What drew me to read FAKE IT FOR LOVE was Ryan needing the fake date to a wedding and reunion taking place on an island.  He didn’t want to go to his ex-girlfriend’s wedding without a date.  The way he acquired the fake date was of more interest to me - Claire needed money so she signed up to work as an escort while she was on the island.

When I started reading, things got really complicated with the relationships.  Claire and Ryan had some bad memories between them but decided to treat the event as a business deal.  This is where I started to have a problem with the story.  Ryan was supposed to be reserved and business-like, but that only lasted a few hours.  Claire was supposed to be a high paid escort but she couldn’t get past how she compared to other women physically.  This was her first gig, but the attraction with an escort trope is confidence.

As such, I liked both characters but I didn’t like them together.  I didn’t trust the friends not to do something humiliating, either.  Things started to feel a little better as time went on, but overall, I can buy falling in love quickly, but not with these two characters.  It just didn’t work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment