Both Jared and Hannah are “the enemy” in LOVING THE ENEMY. when they were younger Hannah’s brother and Jared were best friends. Jared treated Hannah like an annoyance when she wanted to hang out with them.
Years later they meet again in a professional setting, but old habits die hard and they start sniping at one another from day one. Are they really enemies, or have they been fighting their connection to one another all these years?
I liked the book for the quality of the second chance romance. It doesn’t take them long to realize fighting one another isn’t the way to go. I also liked the conflict with the woman Jared worked with who had set her sights on him long before Hannah came along. She signaled “trouble” with a capital “yes, please.”
I did think the history angle of the story had a lot of promise, but it didn’t quite interest me. I wasn’t sure if that was just me, though.
This voluntary review is from an advance copy I received of this book through Booksprout.
No comments:
Post a Comment