Sunday, May 1, 2022

The Italian Job by Kathryn Freeman


Neighbors Jake and Anna have come upon difficult circumstances resulting in both being without steady work and Anna moving back home.  There are people that make them both uncomfortable in their town, so Anna starts looking for a job online.

After googling “dream job” she finds a Italian castle needing caretakers but the job is only for a couple.  Perfect scenario for a fake relationship between baby boy Jake and organized list maker Anna.

As with most stories involving deception, problems arise in keeping the deception going and in living in proximity with someone you are pretending to love.  Then the story gets good.  There’s jealousy, miscommunication, angst, hurt feelings, and nosy interlopers.

It’s a really good story that I could not put down.  The more the story went in, the more I adored Jake.

I received an advance copy of the book from NETGALLEY and this is my voluntary review.

No comments:

Post a Comment