The book doesn’t start off in a way that made me like it that much. Dominic starts out being really unlikeable and Fallon a little annoying but boy, did that change.
CORRUPTED HEIR became a book I could not put down. Dominic matured almost instantly and became the kind of mafia guy I love - unwavering, decisive, protective and unflinchingly loyal.
Fallon had her own catching up to do. I understood her reluctance to accept her lot. She eventually learned some very valuable lessons from Dom’s mother, Maria. As a couple they struggled but eventually came together. The characters around them also became very important in moving the story along emotionally.
As a mafia story, it hits all the highlights: shattered knees, rival mafias, revenge killings, blood all over, threatened loved one to shelter and protect and of course the arranged marriage.
The ending is shocking, sad and makes me unable to wait for the next book.
No comments:
Post a Comment