Thursday, September 15, 2022

The Savage Keeper by Isabella Starling and Kendall Hawkins

I’m highly invested in this story but there are issues that are making it difficult to navigate.  The characters are starting to get too repetitious.  Xavier is appearing too unstable to be a leader.  He makes threats he doesn’t follow through on to keep people in line.  He wants people to fear him, but they don’t have a reason to respect him because he’s all over the place.

Tallulah redeems herself a bit in this part of the story.  Ivette making an appearance is puzzling but also intriguing.  The connection between Tallulah and Ivette is intriguing.  What bothers me, though, is Tallulah endeavoring to be strong, tough, independent yet she won’t address the real issues with Xavier when they reunite.

I want to know more of the story but think these issues must be smoothed out in subsequent books.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment