THINGS I OVERSHARED is the grumpy/sunshine trope on steroids. Emerson is the CFO of Samantha’s family’s company and suddenly has to go to London and Paris with Samantha for company business. Samantha was the friendliest most effervescent person you can imagine. Emerson barely put four words together at the same time.
At first Samantha goes on a mission to make friends with Emerson since he has avoided her for years. He wouldn’t even sit by her at company meetings. As the story unfolds we find that Emerson is deep in his own thoughts about Samantha. The story is not dual POV and I really wanted to know what Emerson was thinking, but at the same time, the not knowing makes the reader understand Samantha’ reactions and confusions.
I really enjoy this family and this second story in the series. It’s a very romantic story but keeps the mystery on the intimate parts of their relationship. It’s a slow burn and well worth the journey.
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
No comments:
Post a Comment